Insurance for Building Materials Stores

Get business insurance with optimized coverage to meet your exact needs

Prefer to speak with a CoverWallet consultant? Call (646) 844-9933 anytime.

Better, Regardless of Your Size

  • Get fast and easy access to your insurance policies

  • Mobile-friendly site makes it almost effortless to get insured

  • Brick-by-brick insurance that grows with your business

  • Build your way to a better business. Get insured today

Coverage Plans for All Your Needs


Essential coverages for your store

General Liability (GL)

Instant quote »


  • Coverage against claims from bodily injury, property damage and personal injury
  • Coverage for products/completed operations


When you also have equipment or operate from an office

General Liability + Property (bundle them with a BOP)

Instant quote »

All Basic plan benefits and:

  • Bodily injury
  • Damage to third party property
  • Business personal property
  • Personal injury
  • Lost business income
  • Equipment breakdown


Get protected against employment-related issues

Business Owners Policy (BOP) + Workers Compensation*

Instant quote »

All Standard plan benefits and:

  • Coverage for work-related accidents and disease and subsequent:
    • Ongoing medical care (such as rehab)
    • Missed wages during recovery

*plus Workers Compensation


When you have specific requirements

Including Business Interruption, Cyber Liability, etc.

Instant quote »


We will take care of the switching hassle.

Call us at (646) 844-9933 for help and more information

Act Now, Get Protected Easily, Quickly and Affordably

See how much you could be saving, with best in class insurance partners.

Start your application and get a free quote in minutes.

Or call (646) 844-9933 anytime.

Get protected easily with CoverWallet

Frequently Asked Questions

Why do Building Material Stores need insurance?

This industry consists of establishments that supply all forms of building materials. Businesses in this industry encompass a broad range of stores specializing in various areas, such as fencing, kitchen cabinets, lumber, flooring, plumbing, garage doors, prefabricated buildings, glass, paint, and wallpapers.

Building Material Stores need insurance to cover the costs of property and liability damage claims against your business. Without insurance, you will have to pay out of pocket for these damages and legal claims. Also, in some states, certain insurance policies are required before you can operate.

What risks do Building Material Stores face?

Your business is prone to many risks. Without insurance, these would be out-of-pocket expenses. Paying for liability claims and court costs aren't cheap, so get insured while you still can.

A customer entering your vicinity can slip and fall, breaking an arm. If your business is at fault you'll be responsible for the medical fees of the customer until recovery and any other potential damages determined by the court if they sue. You'll also be paying for your attorney and court costs.

How much does insurance cost for Building Material Stores?

The price of your insurance varies on the type of business you offer, the size of your business, and other requirements that your insurance provider may need to get a valid cost of your insurance policy.

  • For instance, General Liability insurance has a median price of $450 in annual premiums.
  • Commercial Property insurance is about $500 in annual premiums.
  • Business Owners Policy (BOP) is about $900 in annual premiums.

Peace of Mind, At Your Fingertips

CoverWallet utilizes state of the art technology to help small businesses understand and buy customized coverage, get significant savings and conveniently manage their insurance, in a matter of minutes, all through our online platform.

why coverwallet

Businesses Love CoverWallet

Our mission is to help small businesses to be better protected, informed and served. See what our customers are saying.

Testimonial John White

Personalized Service

5 stars service

John White, Restaurant Owner

I didn’t know what type of insurance I needed for my new business so I called CoverWallet and the agent provided me with everything in under an hour!

Testimonial Laura Campbell

Quick and Easy!

5 stars service

Laura Campbell, Distributor

There is nothing more that CoverWallet could have done to make the process any faster or easier. They made it as painless as possible.

Testimonial Anthony Williams

Honest and Transparent

5 stars service

Anthony Williams, Contractor

I was extremely satisfied with all services and communications with customer support. I would definitely recommend to others. Thank you CoverWallet!

We are making headlines!

Already insured?

No worries, keep your insurance, just get an account with us to manage your policies, certificates of insurance and more

Get CoverWallet »

Need help? Get free advice

Understand in 10 seconds what type of insurance your industry needs, and why

Insurance Assessment »

The Power Behind CoverWallet

Algorithms, Science, Magic
Customized, Intelligent Application
Endless Experience!

Algorithms, Science, Magic!

You wanted better protection and cheaper pricing. So did we. We baked that dream into everything we've set out to accomplish in building our award winning platform.

Customized, Intelligent Application

We have one! How much could we have really improved the insurance purchase process? Try us! We ask only the questions you need to answer, nothing more.

Endless Experience!

We are proud to be part of Aon, the leading global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in Risk, Retirement and Health. With us, you’re in good hands!

Are you ready to get down to business?

Start your application and get a free quote in minutes or call (646) 844-9933 anytime.