Insurance for Architects
Get business insurance with optimized coverage to meet your exact needs
Leave your email so that your quotes will be sent directly to your inbox.
We won't spam you, we hate it too.
Prefer to speak with a CoverWallet consultant? Call (646) 844 -9933 anytime.
Coverage Plans for All Your Needs
Essential coverages to meet client demands
General Liability (GL)Instant quote »
- Coverage against claims from bodily injury, property damage and personal injury
- Coverage for products/completed operations
We've Got You Covered with Coverage You Need
In addition to basic General Liability insurance, every Architect needs Errors and Omissions Insurance. If you have employees, you also need Workers Comp and employment practices liability. If your firm has business vehicles or employees drive personal vehicles to job sites, Commercial Auto Insurance is a must.
Errors and Omissions
Also known as E&O or Professional Liability, this covers you for any potential mistakes including breach of contract, budget issues, faulty design, or any other decision that causes a bad outcome for your client.
Protects you when a third-party is injured on your property by paying medical bills, settlement and defense costs. It also includes coverage for damaged property and libel and slander claims.
Pays costs associated with cyber breaches including notifications, public relations, and investigations. Some also includes coverage for replacing digital assets like designs when they are accidentally damaged.
Covers all of the property you own to run your business from acts of nature like fires and theft.
While architects tend not to face great threats when designing a building, your line of work might require you to visit construction sites or manufacturing facilities that could risk getting you injured. Workers' Compensation helps your architectural firm to pay for medical expenses and some lost wages of your employees in the event they fall ill or get injured on the job.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does an Architect need insurance?
Architects are known for their vision. Your ability to design buildings and bring them to life is a true gift that clients rely on you for daily. As an architect, you also hold the weight of every project on your shoulders because one missed step or overlooked building code can be devastating to your professional career. Insurance for your architect business is a smart decision and can help maintain your reputation, financial resources, and future projects in the event of a lawsuit.
Professionals in this industry are responsible for the planning and designing of buildings (residential, commercial, and industrial). They are responsible for understanding building codes and materials, and zoning regulations.
What are risks Architects could face?
Architects face many risks on every project including:
- Stolen Materials: In some cases, architects manage the supplies and materials needed to build their design. These materials are often left on site over night, making them readily available to those passing by. Replacing these materials can be expensive if they are stolen mid-project.
- Third-Party Injury: Many job sites are left unattended in the evening. Depending on how accessible it is, kids may be tempted to browse the area. If one of them trips and breaks a leg, you can be held liable for not maintaining a safe environment even though they should never have been there.
- Faulty Design: Architects rely on engineering teams to make their design happen. You can still be sued when engineering errors occur because they use your design as their map.
- Overbudget: In the beginning stages of any project there is a budget. Your clients expect that you stick to this budget. If you fail to, you can end up stuck paying the difference because you breached your agreement.
- Destruction of Files: These days most designs are completed electronically. What happens if your digital files are destroyed? How much time will you need to reinvest if you don’t have a backup? How much will that cost your business?
How much does Architect Insurance cost?
Every carrier has a different opinion on insurance for architects. Some avoid your industry altogether. The majority will want to know your safety procedures, what types of contracts you use, and your experience. Cost is also impacted by whether you buy architect Errors and Omissions Insurance.
What is meant by Coverage for the Design and Build?
Design and Build is when architects and engineers are hired to perform both design and construction under a single contract. The type of risk management handles both the design and build process when the architect is contracted under this method. A part of an architect's insurance, the coverage protects architects from risks under this contract.
How can I reduce my liability risk as an Architect?
First, educate your client about all potential risks. This helps keep risks at a minimum, and lawsuits as well. Manage your client's expectations. If deadlines can't be met or there will be some project changes be sure to inform your project manager. Make sure to document the project process. This ensures that you have solid proof when the need to defend yourself against your client arises.
Peace of Mind, At Your Fingertips
CoverWallet utilizes state of the art technology to help small businesses understand and buy customized coverage, get significant savings and conveniently manage their insurance, in a matter of minutes, all through our online platform.
We are making headlines!
The Power Behind CoverWallet
Algorithms, Science, Magic!
You wanted better protection and cheaper pricing. So did we. We baked that dream into everything we've set out to accomplish in building our award winning platform.
Customized, Intelligent Application
We have one! How much could we have really improved the insurance purchase process? Try us! We ask only the questions you need to answer, nothing more.
State of the Art Technology
We've built all our fancy tech from scratch, which allows us to get you certificates on demand, free of charge, and for us to find you savings.