Share Your Story
Tell us about your favorite local business and risks they face that you believe are important. These can be based upon industry, location, operations, etc.
Fill in our application form with the key details listed below by May 15.
One winner will be chosen to win the $1,000 scholarship, you'll be notified by end of May.
CoverWallet Small Business Schoolarship
Terms and Conditions
- CONSUMER DISCLOSURE. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. THE COVERWALLET SMALL BUSINESS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM IS OPEN TO ANY CITIZEN AND/OR RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND ITS TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS WHO IS A CURRENT STUDENT ENROLLED IN A PUBLIC OR PRIVATE COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA FULL-TIME FOR AN ACADEMIC SCHOOL YEAR. All other entries will be disqualified. Employees of CoverWallet and its divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotional or marketing agencies and their immediate family members (spouse, parents, children and siblings) and persons living in family member homes are not eligible.
Interested students are encouraged to apply online at https://www.coverwallet.com/small-business-insurance-scholarship
When applying, students may be asked to provide the following information:
- First and last name
- Valid email address
- Mailing address
- Date of birth
- U.S. phone number
- Institution to be attended
- Website of institution to be attended
- Area of study
- Expected college graduation date
- Expected degree
- Name of small business referenced in application
- Address of small business
- Website of small business
- Parents must grant consent if the student is 17 years old or younger.
- Finalists may be asked to provide a photo of the applicant and/or the small business which may be used and distributed by CoverWallet.
- Each student may only submit one entry. A student who submits multiple entries will only be considered for their first entry.
- Each student must submit an original essay (at least 400 words) on the topic outlined for the stated submission period. The essay must be written in English. Essays with fewer than 400 words are not excepted.
- Essays must be the original work of the student and factually accurate, and they must not be in the public domain. Essays may not infringe upon or violate any personal property rights of others, such as defamation, invasion of privacy, infringement of the intellectual property rights of any third person or other unlawful use of material. By submitting an essay to the CoverWallet Small Business Scholarship Program, each student acknowledges his or her understanding of and compliance with these rules. CoverWallet reserves the right to disqualify any entry deemed inappropriate for publication per the company's discretion.
- All entries must be received between the dates specified on https://www.coverwallet.com/small-business-insurance-scholarship and no later than the specified end date, to be eligible for the contest.
- A panel of judges within CoverWallet will review the applications. Essays will be judged on the following criteria: Spelling, grammar, and punctuation Appropriate addressing of the prompt Content, including organization, logic, and quality of examples Creativity, clarity and thoughtfulness The decisions of the judges will be final.
- One of the finalists will win the scholarship. The winner (“Winner”) will be determined based on the votes of the judges.
- Winner will receive a one-time scholarship check of $1,000 to be used for future educational expenses. Winner will be announced within one month of the final submission date. Verification of school registration may be requested to claim scholarship.
- In the event of noncompliance with the Official Rules, or if the scholarship or scholarship notification is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. If the prize is not claimed within 30 days of the date of the first notification letter, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Winners' names may be posted on the website CoverWallet.com.
- By participating, entrants agree to: a.) The Official Rules and the decisions of CoverWallet, which shall be final in all respects; and b.) release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless CoverWallet and its parent subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees of the aforementioned entity (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability, claims, or damages arising out of their participation in the contest and the acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of any scholarship. Released Parties are not responsible for printing, typographical, human or other errors in any contest-related materials; for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, illegible, or postage-due mail or entries; or for transactions that are processed late or incorrectly, or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or human error. CoverWallet reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the contest and award the scholarship from among all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to action taken if fraud or technical failures or other events compromise the integrity of the contest as determined by CoverWallet in its sole discretion. This contest is governed by laws of the State of New York for the resolution of all claims and disputes.
- Any applicable federal, state and local taxes are the responsibility of the winner. The award must be used for educational-related purposes and will be sent directly to the school in the form of a co-payable check directly to the financial aid office of the institution attended by the winner.
- A student's likelihood of being chosen as a finalist will depend upon the quality of all other entries as judged by the criteria stated above. Scholarships are nontransferable. All scholarships will be awarded.
- All submitted essays and all rights to their publication become the property of CoverWallet, which CoverWallet may use, edit and excerpt for promotional purposes or otherwise, including placing them online without compensation, additional or otherwise. CoverWallet reserves the right to use scholarship winners' names and hometowns in any advertising or promotional materials relating to this competition without further notification, permission, or compensation to the winners, except where prohibited by law.
- THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- CoverWallet Small Business Scholarship Program
- This scholarship program is provided by CoverWallet, Inc., 225 E 34th St, #4F, New York, NY 10016.
- CoverWallet does not collect information from visitors participating in this scholarship program in any way other than specified on the scholarship's official rules page. Contact information submitted through application will not be used for any solicitations or extraneous emails and will not be shared with any third-party entities. Contact information submitted in application may be used to contact applicant and verify or clarify provided information. By submitting an application, I indicate that I have read and agree to the terms, conditions, and official rules above. I verify that I am at least 18 years old or I am a parental guardian and my child is under the age of 18 and has my permission to apply for this scholarship.
Thank you for your request
Oops! Something went wrong, please try again!
Leave your email so that your quotes will be sent directly to your inbox.
We won't spam you, we hate it too.