Types of Insurance


Insurance Help


Log In

Small Business Insurance in Utah

Get business insurance with optimized coverage to meet your exact needs

Prefer to speak with a CoverWallet consultant?

(646) 844-9933

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need insurance when starting a business in Utah?

Utah requires Workers' Compensation coverage for businesses with one or more employees. Commercial Auto Insurance is also required for any vehicles used by your business. Other coverage options, such as General Liability Insurance, protect your business against a variety of risks.

Do I need General Liability Insurance even if it is not required in Utah?

While not required by Utah law, General Liability Insurance is often required for contracts, purchase agreements, and by lenders or landlords. This coverage protects your business against liability lawsuits including bodily injury, personal injury, and property damage claims.

What type of insurance should I start with in Utah?

Every business is different, but we recommend starting with Workers' Compensation if you have employees and General Liability Insurance to protect your business against lawsuits. If you use vehicles for conducting business, Commercial Auto Insurance is required in Utah as well.

What limits should I carry on my General Liability Insurance in Utah?

In most cases, General Liability Insurance starts with a $1 million per occurrence limit and a $2 million aggregate limit. You can select higher coverage limits for your Utah business based on your needs or your budget.

Are You Ready to Get Covered?

Prefer to speak with a CoverWallet consultant? Call

(646) 844-9933