About the role
CoverWallet is creating a new Data Science Team in order to accelerate innovation and technology in machine learning, and to have firm-wide impact using data science to solve strategic problems. As such, there is a rich problem space for data scientists across all areas of the business including product, sales, marketing, operations, product, etc. and the potential to have large scale impact.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help design and develop new data initiatives in our Madrid office. In CoverWallet, you will be working top tech talent (former Spotify, Amazon, Job and Talent, Cabify, MIT) and top business talent (former McKinsey, Harvard Business School, GE).
As this is a new team, you would be helping to build and shape the team and culture from the ground up. You should therefore be comfortable with ambiguity and willing to be proactive in your contributions, and evolve as the team grows.
What will you do?
- Develop predictive models, advanced analytics solutions and visualization tools for the end customer or internal teams. Some initial initiatives include: scoring models for sales and customer service, recommendation systems or automating repeatable tasks done by humans to free them up to work on the tasks that require their human intelligence.
- Find data opportunities to improve the different stages of the customer journey. Understand business objectives and goals working together with other business departments.
- Work closely with data engineering and infrastructure to build out end to end solutions.
- Own the feedback loop of testing and improving the created models.
Who we are looking for?
- Bachelor/Master in quantitative discipline (computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, physics, engineering or related field).
- 2+ year experience in the analysis and application of algorithms and models to data problems. Understanding how different predictive models work, which one could perform better in which conditions and feature engineering techniques. We highly value participation in Data Science competitions (e.g. Kaggle) and machine learning courses (e.g. Coursera, Masters).
- Experience with Python (scikit-learn, statsmodels, pandas) and/or R (data.table, DOMC, xboost, rcart).
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Knowledge of visualization frameworks Shiny, Plotly/Dash.
- Bias to practical action and creativity using data (we value past or present projects that support this).
- Communications skills for translating technical or statistical analysis results into business recommendations.
What we offer
- Great offices in the middle of Manhattan, NYC and in Spain in the center of Madrid, and near the beach in Valencia.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Fun and fast-paced environment.
- Education budget.
- WFH from time to time.
- Coffee, Drinks & Fruits.
- The possibility to build your career in one of the leading startups in the US.
- The possibility to disrupt one of the biggest industries, and in one of the biggest, most developed digital markets in the world.
Or send us an email at:email@example.com