About the role
We are currently seeking a Senior Data Engineer, who will work with business stakeholders and our Engineering team (mostly with Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Backend Engineers and SRE’s) to develop and have a real impact on the overall design of the data architecture to allow the growth of CoverWallet, thanks to exceptionals skills designing, developing, testing, maintaining and optimizing highly data management systems.
This will be a critical position, and the person who leads this effort will be fundamental in the success of CoverWallet’s growth strategy.
What will you do?
- Work in a multi-cloud environment with GCP/AWS with cutting-edge technologies like Apache Airflow, Pub/sub, Redshift, Kubernetes, MongoDB, AWS Lambda among others and using Python as your main programming language (but we are open to others).
- Develop, maintain and optimize high-quality, reliable and robust data pipelines on Kubernetes and Airflow that convert data streams into valuable information.
- Model and architect our data infrastructure building real time streaming and batch processing solutions (Right now we are working with Google Cloud Pub/Sub and Amazon Aurora).
- Design and deploy high-load microservices with strong quality requirements and high business value for the development of Machine Learning models and data tools.
- Keep constantly improving your technical knowledge and expertise by implementing solutions based on open-source projects (e.g. DBT).
Who we are looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 3+ years working in data or software engineering environments.
- Solid background in DWH solutions as Amazon Redshift.
- Expertise in SQL/noSQL databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, etc.).
- Coding proficiency in Python is a must. Additional at least one programming language (Scala, Go or Ruby) is highly desirable.
- Experience working with bash scripting, Docker, Kubernetes and Linux environments on a daily basis.
- Experience with AWS/GCP stack or another cloud computing platform it is highly valuable.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and technical writing skills.
- Team player, technology passionate and self-motivated individual.
- Strong communication skills in English.
What we offer
- The possibility to disrupt one of the biggest industries, and in one of most developed digital markets in the world
- The possibility to build your career in one of the leading startups in the USA
- Great offices in New York, Madrid, and near the beach in Valencia
- Competitive salary
- Education budget
- Once a year trip to New York
- WFH from time to time
- Coffee, Drinks & Fruits
- Fun and fast-paced environment
Or send us an email at:email@example.com