About the role
We are currently seeking a Data Engineer who will work alongside the Business Reliability Engineering team. The goal is to create and maintain a data platform that allows for easy and accurate access to data for all teams at CoverWallet, and specifically for Business Intelligence, Operations and Data Scientist.
This will be a critical position, and the person who leads this effort will be fundamental in the success of CoverWallet’s growth strategy.
What will you do?
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable data management systems.
- Ensure systems meet business requirements and industry practices.
- Develop the Operational Intelligence strategy, building high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models and proof of concepts.
- Oversee the deployment of data to the data warehouse, and develop procedures for the collection and analysis of data.
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality. Data reliability ownership.
- Collaborate with data scientist, business analyst and IT team members on project goals.
Who we are looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years working in data analysis, data quality, and data integration. Extensive expertise in data modeling and statistics.
- Solid background in relational databases Amazon Redshift, PostgreSQL.Expertise in nosql databases will be appreciate MongoDB, Redis, etc.
- Experience with data integration platform Xplenty, as well as with Salesforce, will be a plus.
- Coding proficiency in Python / SQL, or in at least one modern programming language it is a must.
- Experience with AWS stack or another cloud computing platform it is highly valuable.
- Understanding of machine learning techniques or working near a production data science environment would be appreciated.
- Knowledge of BI reporting tools such as Looker, Tableau, Qlik, etc.. will be value.
- Experience producing agile ad-hoc analysis based on high-level requirements while working closely with clients to refine criteria based on iterative results.
- Ability to influence cross-functionally in a rapidly evolving business environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and technical writing skills.
- Team player and self-motivated individual.
- Experience in both tech startups and quantitative positions at consulting companies will be a plus.
- Strong communication skills in English.
What we offer
- The possibility to disrupt one of the biggest industries, and in one of most developed digital markets in the world
- The possibility to build your career in one of the leading startups in the USA
- Great offices in New York, Madrid, and near the beach in Valencia
- Competitive salary
- Company's stock options
- Education budget
- Once a year trip to New York
- WFH from time to time
- Coffee, Drinks & Fruits
- Fun and fast-paced environment
Or send us an email at:email@example.com