Insurance for Video Production Services
Get business insurance with optimized coverage to meet your exact needs
Leave your email so that your quotes will be sent directly to your inbox.
We won't spam you, we hate it too.
Prefer to speak with a CoverWallet consultant? Call (646) 844 -9933 anytime.
Coverage Plans for All Your Needs
Essential coverages for your video production service
General Liability (GL)Instant quote »
- Coverage against claims from bodily injury, property damage and personal injury
- Coverage for products/completed operations
When you also have equipment or operate from a studio
General Liability + Property (bundle them with a BOP)Instant quote »
All Basic plan benefits and:
- Bodily injury
- Damage to third party property
- Business personal property
- Personal injury
- Lost business income
- Equipment breakdown
Get protected against employment-related issues
Business Owners Policy (BOP) + Workers Compensation*Instant quote »
All Standard plan benefits and:
- Coverage for work-related accidents and disease and subsequent:
- Ongoing medical care (such as rehab)
- Missed wages during recovery
- Ongoing medical care (such as rehab)
*plus Workers Compensation
We've Got You Covered with Coverage You Need
Video or film production insurance encompasses a number of possibilities. Every video production insurance portfolio should include general liability and property insurance. If you travel to production sites, you also need commercial auto insurance, and if you have employees, you need workers comp and employment practices liability. Other critical video production insurance policies include inland marine and cyber liability.
Pays to replace business property and video equipment stolen from your commercial building or production location. It also pays to rebuild your building in the event of a fire.
Many states require Workers' Compensation once you reach a certain number of employees. It pays medical expenses and lost wages when an employee suffers a workplace injury, and also prevents the employee from suing your business.
Covers your digital property in the event of a computer breach or failure. It covers costs of replacing missing property in addition to regulatory requirements for notifying third-parties when their information is compromised.
As a professional videographer, every shoot consists of instances that you can't control. The weather, location, subjects. No matter what, your clients expect results. When you can't give it to them, you'll be thankful for General Liability. This protects your business in the event that someone makes a claim to you, your employees and your services that caused bodily injury or damage to property.
Umbrella Insurance provides additional coverage on top of your other insurance policies. With added security it provides additional liability when you are at risk of being sued for property damage or injuries in which your insurance policies won't be capable to cover due to the limits, even by the tiniest amount.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do Video Production Services need insurance?
The instant gratification culture we live in continues to change business strategy. One big change in recent years is the transition to using video more in sharing information. With that shift, we continue to see a rise in video production services. As a video producer or production services owner, you know working with customers isn’t always easy and every day isn’t smooth sailing. You should also know that it is critical to protect the business you’ve built with insurance. Video production insurance protects you financially when lawsuits or other bad things occur that cost money.
What are risks Video Production Services could face?
You may think you don’t have a lot of risks to be worried about, but here are the top risks you face daily:
- Stolen Equipment: This is, unfortunately, a common occurrence on production sites. Video equipment is not cheap to replace. How would you fund all new equipment if it disappeared tomorrow?
- Auto Accidents: Traveling on the road is risky because you can’t always avoid accidents. If you are driving, turn a corner, find gridlocked traffic, and fail to stop in time. The damage to your vehicle and others quickly adds up in expenses.
- Employee Injury: Video producers and production teams are constantly moving. The equipment you handle is often bulky and heavy. If one of your employees lifts something the wrong way and has to go to the hospital, you need to cover his/her medical expenses.
- Lost Digital Files: Video and film production is completed digitally. If a hacker compromises your computer, steals a completed project, holds it ransom or worse disappears with it, you have a lot of potential expenses ahead of you. How much will it cost to recreate? Will the customer be understanding or angry?
How much does Videographer Insurance cost?
No two video production businesses are the same which means no two policies should be either. The cost varies depending on the types of services you offer (videography, photography, editing, and film production), how many employees you have, and how much experience you have. You can request a quote for insurance today by filling out an online application.
How can I add an additional insured for my Videographer Insurance?
Adding an additional insured is easy. Simply log on to your account and add the person or establishment to additional insured. You'll receive confirmation documents once your query is confirmed.
Peace of Mind, At Your Fingertips
CoverWallet utilizes state of the art technology to help small businesses understand and buy customized coverage, get significant savings and conveniently manage their insurance, in a matter of minutes, all through our online platform.
We are making headlines!
The Power Behind CoverWallet
Algorithms, Science, Magic!
You wanted better protection and cheaper pricing. So did we. We baked that dream into everything we've set out to accomplish in building our award winning platform.
Customized, Intelligent Application
We have one! How much could we have really improved the insurance purchase process? Try us! We ask only the questions you need to answer, nothing more.
State of the Art Technology
We've built all our fancy tech from scratch, which allows us to get you certificates on demand, free of charge, and for us to find you savings.