Insurance for Roofing Contractors
Get business insurance with optimized coverage to meet your exact needs
Leave your email so that your quotes will be sent directly to your inbox.
We won't spam you, we hate it too.
Prefer to speak with a CoverWallet consultant? Call (646) 844 -9933 anytime.
Coverage Plans for All Your Needs
Companies categorized under this industry work mainly on roof related jobs such as roof treatment, spraying, coating, painting, and skylight installation. Roofing contractors can choose from a long list of insurance policies. Get a free quote today!
Essential coverage for your customers
General LiabilityInstant quote »
- Coverage against claims from bodily injury, property damage and personal injury
- Coverage for products/completed operations
Get protected against employment-related issues
General Liability + Commercial Auto and Workers Compensation*Instant quote »
All Standard plan benefits and:
- Coverage for work-related accidents and disease and subsequent:
- Ongoing medical care (such as rehab)
- Missed wages during recovery
- Statutory Liability limits
*plus Workers Compensation
We've Got You Covered with Coverage You Need
As a roofing contractor you are relied upon by residents and other businesses for quality work, despite the storms or other dangerous events that may reverse the work you have done. With all the coverage you can have there is no need to worry about employee injuries, transport to job sites, oversights on the job or other mishaps, as your business and any potential legal fees will all be covered.
Covers you when you accidentally damage a third party’s property or cause injury. It also includes coverage for libel and slander.
Pays to replace business property that is damaged by a covered circumstance or stolen from your place of business.
This coverage is mandated in most states once you have three employees. It pays medical bills and lost wages if an employee injures themselves while working for you.
Protects you if you miss a vital step in the roofing process that causes damage to your customer’s property. It also covers if you offer advice to customers that cause harm or injury.
Pays expenses that result from an accident you are held responsible for. If you use a personal auto, you still need non-owned and hired-auto insurance to protect you when driving for business purposes.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Roofing Contractor Insurance cost?
Roofing insurance costs depend on the insurance carrier’s view of your services and risks. Most carriers ask for loss runs, experience, whether you have employees, and copies of any safety policies in place to calculate a premium. Request a roofing insurance quote today by completing our online quote form.
What does contractual exclusion mean for a roofing contractor?
Although your General Liability insurance offers broad protection for your business, it won't be able to cover every incident. For example, a contractor fails to place insurance on a building, and it's destroyed by a fire before its completion. The owner seeks payment from the contractor for the value of the building, claiming breach of contract for failing to secure insurance. Contractual Liability insurance covers the roofer from payment in this example.
What is an Equipment Floater insurance?
Roofing contractors move equipment from site to site. This is why you need Equipment Floater insurance on top of your standard coverage. The insurance is a type of property insurance that covers the loss or damage to equipment that is moved from one location to the other.
Why Roofing Contractors need insurance?
Companies categorized under this industry work mainly on roof related jobs such as roof treatment, spraying, coating, painting, and skylight installation. Homeowners and businesses look to roofing contractors to provide quality work and keep their building free of unwanted water. Without your services, many would be unable to repair or replace a damaged roof. As a roofing contractor, you work long hours year-round and demand for roofing services increases after severe storms and long winters. Roofing contractors insurance is vital to your business’s financial well-being. All it takes is one slip or minor oversight, and you can end up dealing with a lawsuit instead of creating an income.
What are risks Roofing Contractors could face?
Roofers face numerous risks every day. Take a look at some of the most costly:
- Fall off the Roof: You work at great heights every day, and one misstep can send you or one of your employees falling to the ground. If you are injured and cannot complete the contract, the loss of income or costs to hire a subcontractor can be severe. If an employee injures themselves, you will need to pay their medical expenses.
- Project Error: Attention to detail is crucial to the safety of your customer and business success. If you forget to install flashing or don’t fit it properly and a leak causes electrical damage, rotting wood or other havoc, the customer can hold you responsible for the damages. If it is a business, they can also press charges for loss of business income if they can’t remain open.
- Injury: If a nonemployee visits your job site and trips over shingles on the groundbreaking their ankle, your business is liable for the damages including medical expenses, lost income, and pain and anguish claims.
- Falling Objects: It is common the slide old shingles off the roof to the ground. If your aim is off or something else drops instead, you can break a window or damage a vehicle leaving you with a big bill to pay.
What is Clip in insurance?
Commercial Liability Insurance Policy (CLIP) add coverage on top of your General Liability insurance. If your business weren't able to perform according to the terms of the contract, this insurance will pay for any damages to the other party. The is a great insurance for roofing contractors as your business usually works on a contract basis.
Peace of Mind, At Your Fingertips
CoverWallet utilizes state of the art technology to help small businesses understand and buy customized coverage, get significant savings and conveniently manage their insurance, in a matter of minutes, all through our online platform.
We are making headlines!
The Power Behind CoverWallet
Algorithms, Science, Magic!
You wanted better protection and cheaper pricing. So did we. We baked that dream into everything we’ve set out to accomplish in building our award winning platform.
Customized, Intelligent Application
We have one! How much could we have really improved the insurance purchase process? Try us! We ask only the questions you need to answer, nothing more.
State of the Art Technology
We’re like Bruce Wayne! We’ve built all our fancy tech from scratch, which allows us to get you certificates on demand, free of charge, and for us to find you savings.