Insurance for Public Relations Agencies

Get business insurance with optimized coverage to meet your exact needs

Prefer to speak with a CoverWallet consultant? Call (646) 844-9933 anytime.

Better, Regardless of Your Size

  • Getting insurance is not an event. Get a free quote in minutes

  • Quick and effortless purchase of your insurance

  • Low-cost monthly insurance for public relations agencies

  • A-1 service made for public relation agencies

Coverage Plans for All Your Needs


Essential coverages to meet client demands

General Liability (GL)

Instant quote »


  • Coverage against claims from bodily injury, property damage and personal injury
  • Coverage for products/completed operations


Protect your business against service errors

General Liability (GL) + Professional Liability (PL)

Instant quote »

All Basic plan benefits and:

  • Professional negligence
  • Retroactive claims (previous contracted work)
  • Subcontractor errors


Protect your business property

GL + PL + Commercial Property

Instant quote »

All Standard plan benefits and:

  • Natural disasters
  • Equipment breakdown
  • Revenue loss
  • Construction costs


When you have specific requirements

Including Commercial Auto, Workers Compensation, etc.

Instant quote »


We will take care of the switching hassle.

Call us at (646) 844-9933 for help and more information

We've Got You Covered with Coverage You Need

Act Now, Get Protected Easily, Quickly and Affordably

See how much you could be saving, with best in class insurance partners.

Start your application and get a free quote in minutes.

Or call (646) 844-9933 anytime.

Get protected easily with CoverWallet

Frequently Asked Questions

How does the Public Relations industry connect with insurance?

As public relations professional, you likely serve clients, have employees and operate out of a physical office space – all of which leave you open to exposures.

Public relations pros juggle many daily tasks, from pitching reporters to checking in with clients and writing blog posts. One thing you shouldn’t be worried about? Insurance. We’ll help you understand the ins and outs of what you may need.

What businesses in the Public Relations industry need insurance?

All public relations businesses should be insured – no matter the size. PR businesses that should purchase insurance plans include:

  • Independent Consultants, Sole Proprietors, and Freelancers
  • Boutique and Small Agencies
  • Mid-size Agencies
  • Large Agencies

When should you get General Liability Insurance?

Immediately. By operating a business, you’re already exposing yourself to risks. A General Liability insurance should be one of the first things you look into when setting up your business.

For example: If you’re meeting with a client and spill coffee on their laptop, you’re legally liable for causing the damage (and potentially for loss of documents and data, too). General Liability insurance would cover this claim, up to the policy’s limit.

When should a Public Relations Business get Workers Compensation?

As soon as you hire employees. In fact, Workers' Compensation is mandatory in many states. Be sure to check your local laws to find out if you need to offer it.

For example: Repetitive stress injuries are common in public relations, where professionals work long hours at the computer. The most common RSI is carpal tunnel syndrome.

When should a Public Relations business get a Business Owners Policy?

Do you operate your public relations business out of a physical office space? Do clients come to visit you in person? Do you own expensive equipment, like laptops and smartphones? If you answered yes to any of the above, you likely need a Business Owners Policy (BOP).

Most small to mid-size public relations agencies are eligible for BOP. With less than 100 employees and $5 million in sales, you’re likely eligible. You should get BOP right away. It’s the easiest and most affordable way to get covered.

For example: A fire occurs in your office building, leaving you without an office. However, clients are still expecting work to get done, meaning you’ll need to relocate to a temporary office space. With Business Interruption insurance from BOP, you’re covered.

When should a Public Relations business get Errors and Omissions Insurance?

Right away, if clients pay for your services. Protect yourself from clients who feel your service failed to deliver the results promised in your sales pitch. It doesn’t matter if you or your employees don’t make a mistake, if the client believes you caused a loss they can file an expensive lawsuit. Errors and Omissions (E&O) insurance can often be combined with a BOP, if you’re eligible.

For example: You recently took on a new client who pays a large retainer for your public relations services. They’re launching a new product that you think is exciting and press-worthy – and you tell them so. You convince them to invest in an influencer relations campaign to drive awareness of the new product… and the campaign results in almost no sales or leads. As a PR pro you know media results are never guaranteed, but the client is furious. They could sue you for damages, but E&O insurance covers the case.

How much does Public Relations Insurance cost?

The cost of insurance for a public relations business depends on a variety of factors. Your premiums will vary based on where your business is located, whether or not you handle expensive product samples, the size of your business and whether or not it has employees.

To get an accurate quote for the insurance types you are interested in, contact us for further assistance. Once we provide a quote, we encourage you to review the policies to ensure everything you need is covered by the plan.

Peace of Mind, At Your Fingertips

CoverWallet utilizes state of the art technology to help small businesses understand and buy customized coverage, get significant savings and conveniently manage their insurance, in a matter of minutes, all through our online platform.

why coverwallet

Businesses Love CoverWallet

Our mission is to help small businesses to be better protected, informed and served. See what our customers are saying.

Testimonial John White

Personalized Service

5 stars service

John White, Restaurant Owner

I didn’t know what type of insurance I needed for my new business so I called CoverWallet and the agent provided me with everything in under an hour!

Testimonial Laura Campbell

Quick and Easy!

5 stars service

Laura Campbell, Distributor

There is nothing more that CoverWallet could have done to make the process any faster or easier. They made it as painless as possible.

Testimonial Anthony Williams

Honest and Transparent

5 stars service

Anthony Williams, Contractor

I was extremely satisfied with all services and communications with customer support. I would definitely recommend to others. Thank you CoverWallet!

We are making headlines!

Already insured?

No worries, keep your insurance, just get an account with us to manage your policies, certificates of insurance and more

Get CoverWallet »

Need help? Get free advice

Understand in 10 seconds what type of insurance your industry needs, and why

Insurance Assessment »

The Power Behind CoverWallet

Algorithms, Science, Magic
Customized, Intelligent Application
Endless Experience!

Algorithms, Science, Magic!

You wanted better protection and cheaper pricing. So did we. We baked that dream into everything we've set out to accomplish in building our award winning platform.

Customized, Intelligent Application

We have one! How much could we have really improved the insurance purchase process? Try us! We ask only the questions you need to answer, nothing more.

Endless Experience!

We are proud to be part of Aon, the leading global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in Risk, Retirement and Health. With us, you’re in good hands!

Are you ready to get down to business?

Start your application and get a free quote in minutes or call (646) 844-9933 anytime.