Types of Insurance


Insurance Help


Log In

Insurance for Post Production Services

Prefer to speak with a CoverWallet consultant? Call
(646) 844-9933

Frequently Asked Questions

Why do Post-Production Services need insurance?

These establishments provide services such as film or tape closed captioning, motion picture or video editing, motion picture or video titling, post-synchronization sound dubbing, subtitling of motion picture film or video, and tape transfer services.

Post-production services need insurance to protect you from the risks that could otherwise force your business to close. The insurance will pay for the covered expenses up to the limits you select. You, therefore, won't have any expenses on your end when, for example, you are faced with a lawsuit that's covered by your insurance.

What risks do Post-Production Services face?

Below are some of the risks that your business could face:

  • An inside job leaks a film that is set to be released in a few months. This causes your client to experience a huge financial setback and they sue your business for the damages.

  • The equipment you use for post-production catches fire, causing you to lose the income that your business would have earned that day. Due to the fire, most of the property around the equipment got damaged as well.

How much does insurance for Post-Production Services cost?

There is no fixed amount of insurance for post-production services as the cost depends on various factors. To help you decide, below is a list of common insurance policies bought and their average cost:

  • General Liability insurance costs $500 in annual premiums.
  • Commercial Property insurance costs $600 in annual premiums.
  • Cyber Liability insurance costs $700 in annual premiums.

Are You Ready to Get Covered?

Prefer to speak with a CoverWallet consultant? Call

(646) 844-9933