Insurance for Newsstands

Get business insurance with optimized coverage to meet your exact needs

Prefer to speak with a CoverWallet consultant? Call (646) 844-9933 anytime.

Better, Regardless of Your Size

  • Kiosk insurance at the blink of an eye

  • Get back to selling newspapers and magazines in seconds

  • Customized insurance plans that put your bottom line into perspective

  • Excellent service for your kiosk insurance

Coverage Plans for All Your Needs


Essential coverages for your newsstand

General Liability (GL)

Instant quote »


  • Coverage against claims from bodily injury, property damage and personal injury
  • Coverage for products/completed operations


When you also have equipment or operate from a store

General Liability + Property (bundle them with a BOP)

Instant quote »

All Basic plan benefits and:

  • Bodily injury
  • Damage to third party property
  • Business personal property
  • Personal injury
  • Lost business income
  • Equipment breakdown


Get protected against employment-related issues

Business Owners Policy (BOP) + Workers Compensation*

Instant quote »

All Standard plan benefits and:

  • Coverage for work-related accidents and disease and subsequent:
    • Ongoing medical care (such as rehab)
    • Missed wages during recovery

*plus Workers Compensation


When you have specific requirements

Including Business Interruption, Cyber Liability, etc.

Instant quote »


We will take care of the switching hassle.

Call us at (646) 844-9933 for help and more information

We've Got You Covered with Coverage You Need

Whether you own or lease your newsstand there is a possibility of loss from fire, earthquake or other natural disasters. It may not be likely, but employees can become injured, other liabilities can occur when customers are unhappy or other issues arise leading to lawsuits. We have every coverage that can keep all your property covered against complete loss.

Act Now, Get Protected Easily, Quickly and Affordably

See how much you could be saving, with best in class insurance partners.

Start your application and get a free quote in minutes.

Or call (646) 844-9933 anytime.

Get protected easily with CoverWallet

Frequently Asked Questions

Why do I need Newsstand Insurance?

You need insurance to keep you in business when the unexpected occurs. Selling periodicals, magazines and the daily newspaper is public service which garners a lot of foot traffice. You should have a safety net that will be able to cover the associated expenses of a customer injury without taking it from your business pocket.

Do I need Workers Compensation for my Newsstand?

Workers Compensation is a requirement in nearly every state once you start hiring employees. Even if it isn't, this insurance policy will not only help injured employees from going destitute, it will also protect you and your business from those employees suing you for their injury and associated costs.

What are risks a Newsstand could face?

General Liability risks remain the largest source of exposure for a newsstand. Since newspapers and magazines are flammable, you could lose all your inventory in a fire. Newsstands are smaller than most establishments, so strong winds could immediately destroy your kiosk. Anyone can file a slip and fall claim as he or she walks by your business. In addition, your employees can file employment practices suits against you for a toxic workplace, harassment, or discrimination.

How much does Newsstand insurance cost?

Insurance for your newsstand can vary depending on the size of the business. For a small newsstand, General Liability can cost $300 - $1,000 per year. Adding property insurance and additional coverages can grow the cost to a few thousand dollars each year.

Peace of Mind, At Your Fingertips

CoverWallet utilizes state of the art technology to help small businesses understand and buy customized coverage, get significant savings and conveniently manage their insurance, in a matter of minutes, all through our online platform.

why coverwallet

Businesses Love CoverWallet

Our mission is to help small businesses to be better protected, informed and served. See what our customers are saying.

Testimonial John White

Personalized Service

5 stars service

John White, Restaurant Owner

I didn’t know what type of insurance I needed for my new business so I called CoverWallet and the agent provided me with everything in under an hour!

Testimonial Laura Campbell

Quick and Easy!

5 stars service

Laura Campbell, Distributor

There is nothing more that CoverWallet could have done to make the process any faster or easier. They made it as painless as possible.

Testimonial Anthony Williams

Honest and Transparent

5 stars service

Anthony Williams, Contractor

I was extremely satisfied with all services and communications with customer support. I would definitely recommend to others. Thank you CoverWallet!

We are making headlines!

Already insured?

No worries, keep your insurance, just get an account with us to manage your policies, certificates of insurance and more

Get CoverWallet »

Need help? Get free advice

Understand in 10 seconds what type of insurance your industry needs, and why

Insurance Assessment »

The Power Behind CoverWallet

Algorithms, Science, Magic
Customized, Intelligent Application
Endless Experience!

Algorithms, Science, Magic!

You wanted better protection and cheaper pricing. So did we. We baked that dream into everything we've set out to accomplish in building our award winning platform.

Customized, Intelligent Application

We have one! How much could we have really improved the insurance purchase process? Try us! We ask only the questions you need to answer, nothing more.

Endless Experience!

We are proud to be part of Aon, the leading global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in Risk, Retirement and Health. With us, you’re in good hands!

Are you ready to get down to business?

Start your application and get a free quote in minutes or call (646) 844-9933 anytime.