Insurance for Nail Salons
Get business insurance with optimized coverage to meet your exact needs
Leave your email so that your quotes will be sent directly to your inbox.
We won't spam you, we hate it too.
Prefer to speak with a CoverWallet consultant? Call (646) 844 -9933 anytime.
Coverage Plans for All Your Needs
Essential coverages for your nail salon
General Liability (GL)Instant quote »
- Coverage against claims from bodily injury, property damage and personal injury
- Coverage for products/completed operations
When you also have equipment or operate from a salon
General Liability + Property (bundle them with a BOP)Instant quote »
All Basic plan benefits and:
- Bodily injury
- Damage to third party property
- Business personal property
- Personal injury
- Lost business income
- Equipment breakdown
Protect your business against service errors
Business Owners Policy (BOP) + Professional Liability*Instant quote »
All Standard plan benefits and:
- Professional service errors like hurting someone while providing your service
- Retroactive claims (previous contracted work)
- Subcontractor errors
We've Got You Covered with Coverage You Need
There are several types of salon insurance to consider including general liability, commercial property, and professional liability. If you have employees, you also need workers compensation and might consider health insurance. If you offer additional services like hair or makeup, you may need barber insurance, cosmetology insurance, or hair stylist insurance.
Protects your salon from loss of property due to events like fires or explosions. Pays to repair or replace property and contents of the building in case of these events.
Pays medical, property damage, and defense expenses when your nail salon services cause injury or damage to a customer’s property.
Many think Workers' Compensation only covers employees’ physical injuries. It also pays costs associated with illnesses or health problems that occur due to working with chemicals or hazardous materials.
Employment Practices Liability
Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) covers your nail salon business against employees' claims from discrimination like race, sex or color, wrongful termination, or a victim of any inappropriate work conduct. EPLI is the perfect insurance to cover potential legal fees and other lawsuit issues.
This is especially important for salons that sell cosmetology products. It pays costs that arise if your advice or the products you sell harm the customer or their property in any way. If you rent a salon booth to a contractor, it is a good idea to require they carry their own Professional Liability insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do Nail Salons need Insurance?
Services offered by the establishments listed in this industry include manicures and pedicures.
Nail salons offer specialty beauty treatments like manicures, pedicures, and acrylic nails. It may not sound like you impact their lives, but customers look to your salon for help to make them feel more confident about themselves. Whether you are a hair salon that offers nail services or a beauty salon that specializes in nail services, your biggest challenge is to maintain a clean environment and deliver quality results. Salon insurance needs to be a priority to protect your business reputation and well-being.
What risks could Nail Salons face?
- Customer Falls: Pedicures often include a foot soak. If water splashes out and is left on the floor, a customer can easily slip, fall, and break an ankle or leg. Your nail salon is responsible for any medical bills as well as lost wages if they can’t return to work.
- Allergic Reactions: You use a variety of chemicals in your everyday nail services. There is no guarantee that every customer will have the same reaction to these. If somebody has an allergic reaction to something on their skin, you can be held liable for medical expenses and any pain and suffering.
- Advice Gone Wrong: Nail salons that make recommendations to customers on how to care for nails at home can be sued by customers if the advice doesn’t work. If you suggest certain products and those products damage their skin, nails, or even property you are responsible for all costs associated with the lawsuit.
- Employee Theft: Nail technicians typically cash their customers out at checkout time. Handling money is tempting, and if an employee gets greedy, they may decide to slip some extra money into their apron.
- Employee Illness: The chemicals and products used during nail services have a harsh odor. Breathing this in daily can cause employees to get sick. If their illness is directly related to their daily work for your nail salon, you are expected to pay medical bills and wages for the time the need to take off work.
How much does Nail Salon Insurance cost?
Every insurance carrier calculates the cost of nail salon insurance differently. The all look at your salon experience, whether you also offer hair stylist or barber services, and what types of safety procedures you have in place. You can request a quote for salon insurance cost by filling out our online form.
How can a Nail Salon Owner reduce the risk of claims?
Make sure that your employees follow safety precautions like sanitizing tools and that they are properly trained to do a specific task. Require your employees to wear protective gear to reduce the risk of a Workers' Compensation claims. And finally, to reduce the risk of customer claims, make sure to have enough nail salon insurance to protect your business from a variety of risks.
Peace of Mind, At Your Fingertips
CoverWallet utilizes state of the art technology to help small businesses understand and buy customized coverage, get significant savings and conveniently manage their insurance, in a matter of minutes, all through our online platform.
We are making headlines!
The Power Behind CoverWallet
Algorithms, Science, Magic!
You wanted better protection and cheaper pricing. So did we. We baked that dream into everything we've set out to accomplish in building our award winning platform.
Customized, Intelligent Application
We have one! How much could we have really improved the insurance purchase process? Try us! We ask only the questions you need to answer, nothing more.
State of the Art Technology
We've built all our fancy tech from scratch, which allows us to get you certificates on demand, free of charge, and for us to find you savings.