Why Landscaping Services & Lawn Mowing Need Insurance
These establishments provide services like landscape installation, lawn care, spraying, maintenance, fertilizing services, mowing, the pruning of trees and shrubs, and other activities related to the care and maintenance of plants and garden.
Many individuals the help of landscaping services companies to achieve a beautiful outside view of their home or business. Professional landscaping services assist with lawn care and arborist techniques that make an area welcoming to others. Since you understand the value of caring for your property, buying small business insurance should be at the top of your priorities.
Risks Landscaping Services Could Face
The right lawn care insurance or arborist insurance protects you from the risks you face most, including:
- Stolen Materials: Equipment and tools are necessary to create an outdoor masterpiece. If equipment or tools are stolen from your location or vehicle, it can be costly to replace them with the same quality pieces.
- Broken Equipment: You rely on mowers, trimmers, saws to complete your work efficiently. If one of your most used pieces breaks, it can be costly to fix or replace. It can be even more costly if you can’t provide services in the time frame you promised because of the breakdown.
- Property Damage: If you or an employee remove the wrong tree or drive a tractor into a fence, the customer can file a lawsuit for damages.
- Vehicle Accidents: Whether you have a business vehicle or use a personal vehicle for business services, you are at risk for financial loss.
Types of Coverage Landscaping Services Need
As a landscaper, you need small business insurance to protect your assets. Every business needs general liability and commercial property policies. If you have employees, you also need Worker’s Comp. If employees use personal vehicle to travel to jobs, you need to have hired and non-owned auto liability as well.
- General Liability: Pays the costs to replace or repair property you break while performing landscaping services. It also pays medical expenses if somebody (excluding employees) is injured as a result of your services.
- Commercial Property: Pays to buy new business property when equipment or tools are stolen from your commercial building or job site. It also covers property damaged by fires, explosions, and other covered events. It is important to add business interruption insurance to the policy so you can continue to pay fixed expenses when you close temporarily for repairs.
- Equipment Breakdown: The policy pays the costs that arise when equipment breaks including repairs, temporary replacement, permanent replacement, and loss of business income.
- Inland Marine: This policy protects your business property while in transit. If anything is stolen or damaged on the way to job site, Inland Marine insurance pays the costs associated with the loss.
- Business Auto: Protects you when you are at fault for a vehicle accident. It pays to fix your vehicle as well as any damage to a third-party’s property or bodily injury. This includes accidents on the road and if you back a truck into a fence at the location.
How Much Does Lawn Mowing Insurance Cost?
No two insurance companies look at landscaping services the same. In most cases, underwriters will need the same information calculate the cost of your business insurance. Your experience, safety measures, and whether you offer arborist services in addition to lawn care are a few things they need. You can request an insurance quote now by completing the quote form below.