Insurance for Handyman
Get business insurance with optimized coverage to meet your exact needs
Leave your email so that your quotes will be sent directly to your inbox.
We won't spam you, we hate it too.
Prefer to speak with a CoverWallet consultant? Call (646) 844 -9933 anytime.
Coverage Plans for All Your Needs
Essential coverages for your handyman business
General Liability (GL)Instant quote »
- Coverage against claims from bodily injury, property damage and personal injury
- Coverage for products/completed operations
Get protected against employment-related issues
GL + PL + Workers Compensation*Instant quote »
All Standard plan benefits and:
- Coverage for work-related accidents and disease and subsequent:
- Ongoing medical care (such as rehab)
- Missed wages during recovery
- Ongoing medical care (such as rehab)
*plus Workers Compensation
We've Got You Covered with Coverage You Need
Even if you are the sole employee, you need insurance. Every handyman business needs general and professional liability in addition to commercial property. Since you drive to job sites, you also need business auto. If you travel with equipment in your van or truck, you should also have inland marine insurance.
Business Owners Policy (BOP)
This type of insurance policy has various insurance coverages in one. The policy typically includes major property and liability risks; therefore you don't need to purchase each policy. It has all the necessary insurance a small to mid-sized business owner requires.
Covers slip and fall incidents, slander, libel, advertising injury, and third party property damage or injury claims. The policy pays to defend your business, repair any damage, medical expenses, and settlement costs that arise.
Workers' Compensation is a state-mandated insurance that provides medical care for employees who become sick or injured on the job, and rehabilitation benefits as well. It also provides a portion of the lost wages until the employee is able to work again. This, in turn, relinquishes them from suing your business for employer negligence.
Driving to jobs is risky, so the right coverage. Commercial auto provides higher limits and better coverage for employees that drive for work. The insurance will pay to repair the damage to the vehicle in the event of a theft, weather events, or collisions. This handyman insurance will also pay for the lawsuit costs associated with the accidents like medical and legal fees.
Protects you against accusations of failure to complete a project, errors or oversights, and bad advice. This policy pays to defend, settle, and investigate the scenario under question.
Just like Commercial Property insurance protects your equipment and tools at your location or the job site, Inland Marine protects it while in transit. It covers the costs to replace or repair business property stolen out of a vehicle or if it falls out an unlatched back door in the middle of the highway.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does a Handyman need insurance?
A Handyman Business is a valuable service to homeowners and businesses. Individuals that hire handymen have endless lists of projects that they can never accomplish. Handymen are valuable because you often have experience and know-how in multiple areas of expertise. As a handyman, you believe in doing the job right the first time and delivering quality work. That concept should apply internally as well. Set yourself up for success in the beginning by buying business insurance. Insuring your handyman business means you are financially protecting your well-being in the event of claims or lawsuits.
A handyman or handyperson is a person that can fix a variety of items, particularly around the house. Tasks a handyman is usually asked to do can include trade skills, repair work, and a variety of maintenance work.
What risks Handymen could face?
You rely on tools, equipment, and customers to stay in business. Each of these also opens you to many risks on a daily basis.
- Failure to Complete a Project: Just like contractors, handymen are expected to complete a project on time and within budget. If you fail to do so, customers can file lawsuits claiming you didn’t meet contract obligations or that your failure caused them harm in another way.
- Injury: Working with tools and equipment leave you privy to serious injuries to yourself, employees, and any nearby individuals.
- Oversight on a Project: Some projects require more attention to detail than others. If you are tasked with installing a garage door that later malfunctions and damages a car or person, you are responsible.
- Bad Advice: If you offer advice to a customer that they take but it doesn’t deliver what you said it would, they can hold you financially responsible for any negative impact.
- Stolen Equipment: Often times handymen leave equipment in their vehicle or at a job site unattended over lunch or overnight. If you return to find your equipment missing or your vehicle is broken into, it isn’t cheap to replace it all.
How much does Handymen Insurance cost?
The cost of insurance for Handyman Businesses varies across carriers. To calculate your premium, carriers want to know professional experience, qualifications, contract language, and whether you supply materials for projects. You can also request a quote for handyman insurance online today by filling out our form below.
Do I need Workers Compensation for my Handyman Business?
If you have employees you need Worker's Compensation, but this depends on the state where you provide handyman services. Usually, the state requires your business to carry Worker's Compensation insurance if you have at least 2 employees. It's a good idea to check your state requirements.
Peace of Mind, At Your Fingertips
CoverWallet utilizes state of the art technology to help small businesses understand and buy customized coverage, get significant savings and conveniently manage their insurance, in a matter of minutes, all through our online platform.
We are making headlines!
The Power Behind CoverWallet
Algorithms, Science, Magic!
You wanted better protection and cheaper pricing. So did we. We baked that dream into everything we've set out to accomplish in building our award winning platform.
Customized, Intelligent Application
We have one! How much could we have really improved the insurance purchase process? Try us! We ask only the questions you need to answer, nothing more.
State of the Art Technology
We've built all our fancy tech from scratch, which allows us to get you certificates on demand, free of charge, and for us to find you savings.