Insurance for Gas Stations with a Convenience Store
Get business insurance with optimized coverage to meet your exact needs
Leave your email so that your quotes will be sent directly to your inbox.
We won't spam you, we hate it too.
Prefer to speak with a CoverWallet consultant? Call (646) 844 -9933 anytime.
Coverage Plans for All Your Needs
Essential coverages for your gas station
General Liability (GL)Instant quote »
- Coverage against claims from bodily injury, property damage and personal injury
- Coverage for products/completed operations
When you also have equipment or operate from a store
General Liability + Property (bundle them with a BOP)Instant quote »
All Basic plan benefits and:
- Bodily injury
- Damage to third party property
- Business personal property
- Personal injury
- Lost business income
- Equipment breakdown
Get protected against employment-related issues
Business Owners Policy (BOP) + Workers Compensation*Instant quote »
All Standard plan benefits and:
- Coverage for work-related accidents and disease and subsequent:
- Ongoing medical care (such as rehab)
- Missed wages during recovery
- Ongoing medical care (such as rehab)
*plus Workers Compensation
We've Got You Covered with Coverage You Need
There are several types of insurance for gas stations that you may need to purchase. All gas stations benefit from general liability and commercial property insurance, while some may also need professional liability if they offer financial services like money orders or wire transfers.
Covers medical expenses and lawsuits that stem from patrons injuring themselves (or their valuables) while at your property.
Pays medical expenses and lost wages for employees when they are injured while working. Most states require businesses carry this insurance when they have at least three employees (though in some states the minimum is lower).
Protects you from losses and expenses that occur when employees or outsiders steal money or other assets.
Product Liability insurance is a kind of gas station insurance that protects your business against claims of property damage caused by the products you sold and supplied to your gas stations with convenience stores. It is designed to help protect your business so when this kind of incident happens, you don't have to pay for any legal fees or court costs.
Covers damage or loss of your building and contents resulting from a covered peril. Some gas station insurance coverages, such as a Business Owners Policy (BOP), can also include Business Interruption insurance to cover expenses from having to close for a temporary period.
Business Interruption insurance is intended to compensate for income lost during the period when your business closed because for repair or restoration of the covered property. This is a good addition to Commercial Property so that your business will be covered for repairs and you will continue on your regular income during that time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do Gas Stations need Insurance?
These days it seems like you can find several gas stations with convenience stores at one intersection. It makes sense since the average American household owns approximately two vehicles and most travel daily.
Owning a gas station with a convenience store also means you face serious risks every day. Risks that can cause you to shut your doors if you don’t have the right gas station insurance to protect your assets. Insurance is easy to find if you know what risks you face and the types of coverage will protect you.
What are risks that Gas Stations with Convenience Stores have that cause them to need Insurance?
The types of risks gas stations have include:
- Employee Theft & Crime: Gas station employees handle large amounts of sensitive data, cash and products during their shift. As much as you’d like to think they are trustworthy, many gas stations financially suffer when their employees steal these items or swipe customer credit card information.
- Burglary & Break-Ins: About 8% of robberies occur at gas stations and convenience stores. When they occur, you not only lose your cash-on-hand, you also risk emotional and physical injuries to your employees.
- Employee Injury: Convenience stores receive weekly shipments that need to be stocked. If employees don’t properly lift the boxes, they can injure themselves and hold you responsible.
- Property Damage: Gas stations have more property to consider than just the building. You also have gas pumps, tanks, and in some cases car washes that can end up damaged by reckless drivers or vandals.
- Slip and Falls: One of the most common risks is when patrons fall due to uneven pavement, wet floors, misplaced rugs, or even poor lighting.
How much does Gas Station Insurance cost?
Gas station and convenience store insurance prices vary depending on the carrier and your unique risks. If you’ve had prior claims, especially Worker’s Compensation, you can see significantly higher prices than a business with a clean claims history. Other factors include if you are open 24-hours, have security systems in place, and if you are a startup. The good news is you can request a quote below tailored to your gas station to review your options.
How can I reduce slip and falls in my gas station with convenience store?
Slip and fall claims are high risk because the floor is often wet, and slippery. However, you can reduce slip and fall claims by doing the following:
Learn from your mistakes if this has happened before, and look for that and other problem areas that are often wet. Use mats to help capture debris or absorb water in spots that are often wet.
Put a safety or wet floor sign to inform customers of a slippery area, but don't leave it too long or they will ignore the signs in the future. Put warning signs on stairs as well and make sure it is well lit.
Clean your floor regularly. Ususally sweep and mop before the store opens or at closing time, and spot-mop immediately when there's a spill on the floor. Remember to add signs.
Check on the aisles often to see spills and act quickly.
Peace of Mind, At Your Fingertips
CoverWallet utilizes state of the art technology to help small businesses understand and buy customized coverage, get significant savings and conveniently manage their insurance, in a matter of minutes, all through our online platform.
We are making headlines!
The Power Behind CoverWallet
Algorithms, Science, Magic!
You wanted better protection and cheaper pricing. So did we. We baked that dream into everything we've set out to accomplish in building our award winning platform.
Customized, Intelligent Application
We have one! How much could we have really improved the insurance purchase process? Try us! We ask only the questions you need to answer, nothing more.
State of the Art Technology
We've built all our fancy tech from scratch, which allows us to get you certificates on demand, free of charge, and for us to find you savings.