Insurance for Concession Stands
Get business insurance with optimized coverage to meet your exact needs
Leave your email so that your quotes will be sent directly to your inbox.
We won't spam you, we hate it too.
Prefer to speak with a CoverWallet consultant? Call (646) 844 -9933 anytime.
Coverage Plans for All Your Needs
Essential coverages for your concession stand
General Liability (GL)Instant quote »
- Coverage against claims from bodily injury, property damage and personal injury
- Coverage for products/completed operations
Get protected against employment-related issues
Business Owners Policy (BOP) + Workers Compensation*Instant quote »
All Standard plan benefits and:
- Coverage for work-related accidents and disease and subsequent:
- Ongoing medical care (such as rehab)
- Missed wages during recovery
- Ongoing medical care (such as rehab)
*plus Workers Compensation
We've Got You Covered with Coverage You Need
Every concession stand offers different services and products, but all need general liability insurance. If you sell alcohol, you need liquor liability, and if you own a mobile concession stand, commercial auto is a must. If you only operate for a portion of the year, ask your agent about seasonal coverage for your concession stand.
This insurance pays expenses to replace, settle, and defend lawsuits when you are responsible for injury (i.e. food poisoning) or damage to a third party or their property.
Forty-three states have a Dram Shop law that states businesses who serve alcohol to an intoxicated individual are liable for their actions. This policy pays costs to defend your business, settle claims, and repair property damage in those cases.
Mobile concession stand owners need a Commercial Auto policy in case they cause an accident. The policy pays to replace your vehicle or trailer and for any property damage or injury to a third party.
Business Property insurance pays to replace your building and property if it is destroyed in a fire, stolen, or if faulty equipment causes food to spoil.
Workers' Compensation insurance is required in many states. It pays lost wages and medical expenses when an employee injures themselves working for your concession stand.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do Concession Stand Owners need insurance?
Concession stands are a staple at more than just the local movie theater. These days you can find concession stands at parks, ball games, fairs or carnivals, and the local outdoor market. As a concession stand owner, you know food is a risky business. Even though you go to great lengths to maintain cleanliness and quality, you need to protect yourself. The only way to protect your concession stand business and your assets is to buy insurance.
What risks do Concession Stands face?
There is a wide array of risks you face daily. Here is a look at the most common in the concession stand industry:
- Food Poisoning: Working with food demands your constant attention to temperatures and cross-contamination in the food prep areas. If a patron buys spoiled or contaminated food and gets sick, you are liable for their medical expenses.
- Spoiled Food: Your biggest investment is your food inventory. The worst thing that could happen is if your refrigeration system breaks, causing thousands of dollars of meat to spoil. You need to replace it to stay in business, but most concession stands don’t have large sums of money they can use to re-buy product.
- Drinking Accidents: Concession stands that sell alcohol to patrons risk the most because you can be held responsible for actions you have no control over. If one of your patrons leaves an event, causes an accident, and kills or injures another party; they can hold you responsible for the financial burdens.
- Injured Employee: Concession stand employees work with knives, hot grills/stoves, and heavy objects every day. One wrong slip and they can end up in the hospital and out of work for a few weeks. The result? Your concession stand is responsible for the medical payments and the employee’s lost wages.
How much does Concession Stand Insurance cost?
Depending on the type of concession business you operate, the products you sell, and the location; the price of your insurance may fluctuate. Additionally, depending on which coverages are applicable to your operations, premiums will vary.
For example, if you operate a mobile concession stand that serves hot dogs at an amusement park and employ 10 workers, your General Liability and Worker’s Compensation Insurance may be higher than a concession stand owner that operates a drink stand and with just 2 employees. It is important to get a quote in order to get an exact cost of coverage for your concession business.
Every carrier views concession stands differently. Request a quote below for Concession Stand Insurance today.
Do I have to be licensed to operate as a concession stand business?
Yes. But depending on the state you are in the license could be temporary or permanent. In any case, you still need to procure a license before you can start your concession stand business.
The owner of the location where I sell wants to be named as an additional insured? What does this mean?
Additional insured means that you add the owner to your insurance policy and he/she enjoys the benefits of being insured under that insurance policy. The additional insured will be given an insured status but it has limited coverage than what the policyholder has. When you put someone on additional insured it means that they can make a claim from your insurance policy.
Peace of Mind, At Your Fingertips
CoverWallet utilizes state of the art technology to help small businesses understand and buy customized coverage, get significant savings and conveniently manage their insurance, in a matter of minutes, all through our online platform.
We are making headlines!
The Power Behind CoverWallet
Algorithms, Science, Magic!
You wanted better protection and cheaper pricing. So did we. We baked that dream into everything we've set out to accomplish in building our award winning platform.
Customized, Intelligent Application
We have one! How much could we have really improved the insurance purchase process? Try us! We ask only the questions you need to answer, nothing more.
State of the Art Technology
We've built all our fancy tech from scratch, which allows us to get you certificates on demand, free of charge, and for us to find you savings.