Insurance for Child Day Care Services
Get business insurance with optimized coverage to meet your exact needs
Leave your email so that your quotes will be sent directly to your inbox.
We won't spam you, we hate it too.
Prefer to speak with a CoverWallet consultant? Call (646) 844 -9933 anytime.
Coverage Plans for All Your Needs
Essential coverages for your child care service
General Liability (GL)Instant quote »
- Coverage against claims from bodily injury, property damage and personal injury
- Coverage for products/completed operations
When you also have equipment or operate from a studio
General Liability + Property (bundle them with a BOP)Instant quote »
All Basic plan benefits and:
- Bodily injury
- Damage to third party property
- Business personal property
- Personal injury
- Lost business income
- Equipment breakdown
Get covered against errors resulting in bodiy injury
Business Owners Policy (BOP) + Medical MalpracticeInstant quote »
All Standard plan benefits and:
- Errors resulting in bodily injury
- Medical expenses and personal injury
- Defense fees
- Coverage for you, as well as your business (if you own it)
We've Got You Covered with Coverage You Need
The numerous insurance policies available to child and day care services are endless. A good starting point is buying general liability and commercial property insurance. Daycares and preschools with employees also need workers compensation and EPLI. Daycares that have a bus or van to transport children will also need business auto insurance.
Pays medical expenses for third-party injuries, damage to other’s property while it’s in your care, and costs to defend lawsuits from these scenarios.
Commercial Auto insurance protects you by paying expenses from auto accidents you or an employee cause while driving a business vehicle.
Compulsory in most states, Workers' Compensation is a no-fault insurance that provides adequate compensation to an employee that becomes sick or is injured on the job. If they are unable to work, the insurance also pays for the disability benefits and rehabilitation expenses.
Umbrella Insurance is a liability insurance that is recommended for childcare businesses, as it offers higher limits and better coverage on top of your childcare insurance. It protects your business if your insurance policy has reached its excess limits and coverages.
Pays costs associated with cyber breaches or loss of sensitive information including notification, settlement, and investigation. Some carriers extend coverage to paper files.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to start up a daycare center?
The average start-up cost can average from $10,000 to $100,000. If you're taking an existing facility, the cost can run at least $55,000 for the renovation alone. Supplies and equipment can cost $60 per child, educational supplies can go total up to $4,800.
Does an affidavit or waiver protect my childcare business?
No. An affidavit or waiver would be a red flag to the parents as they assume that you don't have an insurance. Your childcare business would have the potential for numerous lawsuits and you'll have to pay your own legal fees.
Is childcare insurance a business expense?
Yes. The Internal Revenue Service states that any expenses that are a cost of conducting a trade or business are a business expense.
What does negligent supervision mean?
When parents entrust their children to your childcare business, they expect their children to be adequately supervised inside the facility. Negligent supervision is when a parent believes his/her children were not adequately supervised when an accident happened.
Why do Child Care Services need insurance?
Child Care Services include babysitting, nursery schools, child or infant day care centers, and preschool centers. Running a daycare, nursery school, preschool or babysitting business is no easy task. Parents trust you with those they love most, and when something goes awry during care, they hold you responsible. Whether your child care business is in your home or at a separate location, you need insurance.
What risks could Child Care Services face?
Insurance protects you from high expenses associated with claims and lawsuits. For many child care businesses, insurance is brushed aside. Understanding the risks you face each day is the first step to understanding the importance of insurance.
- Falls: Depending on the time of day, your daycare or nursery school floor may be covered with toys. If a parent walks in to pick up their child, falls, and sprains their ankle, you are responsible for their medical bills.
- Injured Children: Children are unpredictable which means they are prone to accidents. What happens when a child falls off the playground equipment breaking an arm, or is hit by another child and loses a tooth?
- Allegations of Abuse: Nobody wants to think about it, but when you are working with kids, you are at a greater risk for abuse allegations. What may be a simple misunderstanding or miscommunication can turn into a legal nightmare.
- Injured Employees: Daycare employees spend their days chasing, lifting, and playing with the little ones in their care. Injuries in these scenarios happen quickly, and when they do, you will need to pay medical expenses and any lost wages associated with the injury.
- Theft of Sensitive Information: Daycares keep sensitive information on record (electronic and paper formats) including children’s names, birthdates, and social security numbers. If this information is stolen, the cost associated with proper notifications is too expensive for most small businesses to pay.
In addition to these scenarios, you also risk auto accidents, special event/fundraiser claims, property loss, and loss of business income. It’s important to buy insurance specific to your child day care services unique operations and needs.
Peace of Mind, At Your Fingertips
CoverWallet utilizes state of the art technology to help small businesses understand and buy customized coverage, get significant savings and conveniently manage their insurance, in a matter of minutes, all through our online platform.
We are making headlines!
The Power Behind CoverWallet
Algorithms, Science, Magic!
You wanted better protection and cheaper pricing. So did we. We baked that dream into everything we've set out to accomplish in building our award winning platform.
Customized, Intelligent Application
We have one! How much could we have really improved the insurance purchase process? Try us! We ask only the questions you need to answer, nothing more.
State of the Art Technology
We've built all our fancy tech from scratch, which allows us to get you certificates on demand, free of charge, and for us to find you savings.