Insurance for Catering Business
Get business insurance with optimized coverage to meet your exact needs
Leave your email so that your quotes will be sent directly to your inbox.
We won't spam you, we hate it too.
Prefer to speak with a CoverWallet consultant? Call (646) 844 -9933 anytime.
Coverage Plans for All Your Needs
With our products we are able to provide catering insurance coverage for the most common situations. Choose your coverage below and get your free quote today.
Essential coverage for your Catering business
General Liability (GL)Instant quote »
- Coverage against claims from bodily injury, property damage and personal injury
- Coverage for products/completed operations
We've Got You Covered with Coverage You Need
Food can be dangerous, along with the time that you and your employees spend in delivery trucks headed to the job site. Coverages for automobiles, the food you serve, the equipment you use, and more, can all be bundled for the best savings. We have every insurance you need for the locations you work in, your own business location and the food you order, cook and serve.
A security blanket for your catering business, General Liability insurance covers your legal fees and liabilities in the event your catering business is found liable for any incident or event. The insurance will pay for your catering business' court settlements, legal fees and premiums.
Whether you have a food trailer, RV or a delivery van, you need Commercial Auto insurance. It pays costs to repair your vehicle and any damages you caused in an accident including injury and property damage.
Workers' Compensation provides monetary benefits to workers who become ill got injured on the job. This is a no-fault type of insurance in which the claim is paid regardless of who is at fault. The employee is then relinquished of the right to sue the employer of negligence.
Covers major equipment that you rely on to deliver services, like refrigerators. It pays the costs to replace or fix the equipment, in addition to temporary rentals and lost ingredients from the breakdown.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to insure a catering business?
The cost varies per policy. A General Liability Insurance for a catering company, for example, costs around $60 to $80 per month.
What is content coverage?
Content insurance coverage is an insurance that covers the cost of replacing or repairing the equipment of your catering business in case it is damaged or stolen.
Do I need food contamination coverage as a catering business?
Your food inventory and equipment is the lifeblood of your business. So, mishandled food can lead to food-borne diseases and customer claims - both of which could ruin your business in an instant. With this type of insurance, your catering business is covered in the event of a food-related loss.
What is catering insurance?
Catering insurance is intended to cover the liabilities involved in your catering business. Its primary focus is to protect your business against risks that come with serving food to large crowds, damaged equipment, customer/employee injuries and property damage.
Why a Catering Business need insurance?
A Catering business is in high demand for weddings, corporate parties, anniversary parties, and a variety of other celebrations. You are expected to create and deliver meals, appetizers, and desserts that leave a lasting impression on guests. To build a successful catering business, you need to have a knack for more than just cooking or baking. You need a good work ethic, relationship building skills, and insurance for your catering services. Caterer insurance protects you during the worst moments when lawsuits or claims threaten your financial strength and reputation. These establishments prepare food for an event in a different location. Afterward, they transport it to the site or venue. Catering services are commonly found at graduation and wedding parties.
What risks could a Catering Business face?
Working in the food service industry means you face unique risks in addition to typical business risks.
- Food Sickness: The number of food allergies you have to adjust to is on the rise. If you fail to alter recipes or ingredients are cross-contaminated accidentally, it can cause a serious allergic reaction. Food requires particular care. If spoiled ingredients are used, or the final product doesn’t maintain a required temperature, it can quickly spoil and cause food poisoning. In either scenario, you are responsible for any medical expenses.
- Spoiled Food: You rely on refrigeration systems to store your groceries and supplies. What happens if you return to your kitchen one morning to find the electric failed in the middle of the night. How will you pay to replace lost ingredients or final products?
- Failure to Deliver: Customers rely on you to deliver at a specified time. Sometimes things are out of your control and delay that. Whether it’s an accident, detour, or that someone dropped an entire tray of appetizers on the floor, customers can allege you didn’t fulfill your contract.
- Alcohol Dangers: Serving alcohol has a long list of risks. If an intoxicated guest leaves an event where you served them alcohol and cause an accident. Your catering business can be held liable because they drank too much and you should have declined to serve them.
Peace of Mind, At Your Fingertips
CoverWallet utilizes state of the art technology to help small businesses understand and buy customized coverage, get significant savings and conveniently manage their insurance, in a matter of minutes, all through our online platform.
We are making headlines!
The Power Behind CoverWallet
Algorithms, Science, Magic!
You wanted better protection and cheaper pricing. So did we. We baked that dream into everything we’ve set out to accomplish in building our award winning platform.
Customized, Intelligent Application
We have one! How much could we have really improved the insurance purchase process? Try us! We ask only the questions you need to answer, nothing more.
State of the Art Technology
We’re like Bruce Wayne! We’ve built all our fancy tech from scratch, which allows us to get you certificates on demand, free of charge, and for us to find you savings.