At this point, it is clear that video marketing is king and a powerful tool for promoting any kind of business, but especially your restaurant. In fact, video as a feature in a marketing campaign has been shown to increase conversion rates by 34%. If you want to reach a wider audience, creating video content is a great investment of your time and money. You can showcase your menu, atmosphere, and other unique selling points to potential customers with engaging and informative videos.
To help get you started, we'll explore several strategies for using video marketing to promote your restaurant and drive more business through the door. Read on for our handy tips, then get that camera ready for action!
Tip #1: Always Create High-Quality Videos
It may seem somewhat obvious, but this step is as important as knowing how to increase the visability of your restaurant on Google. The first step in successful video marketing is to create high-quality videos that showcase your establishment in the best possible light. Investing in good equipment, such as a high-resolution camera and professional lighting, and hiring a skilled videographer to shoot and edit your content is an excellent use of marketing funds.
When creating your videos, focus on showcasing the unique aspects of your restaurant. These aspects can include your menu, interior design, and any special events or promotions you have planned. Include plenty of footage of your food and drinks and any unique decor or architectural features.
Tip #2: Use Social Media Platforms
One of the best ways to reach a wider audience with your video content is by leveraging social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok. These platforms love video content, and with the correct use of hashtags and some budget for boosting, your videos will reach plenty of potential customers (try to encourage sharing to help with this).
When using social media to promote your videos as part of your video marketing strategy, research and use relevant hashtags. Include a call to action (CTA) in your post, such as "book your table now."
Tip #3: Create a Video Series
Another effective strategy as you get started with video is creating a video series. This series can include a cooking show featuring your chef, a behind-the-scenes look at your restaurant, or videos showcasing your menu and specials.
Creating a video series can keep your audience engaged and build a loyal following. Be sure to promote the series on your website and social media platforms, and encourage your audience to share and comment to increase engagement.
Tip #4: Host a Video Contest
You'll catch plenty of attention if you host a relevant video contest like a cooking competition or a "customer review" contest. Simply create a contest page on your website and invite your audience to submit their videos.
Be sure to promote your competition on all available channels (like your mailing list), and encourage your audience to share and comment. See a similar thread here? Encouraging engagement is crucial with every tip.
Tip #5: Always Include a CTA
With every video you create, even if they are B2B marketing videos, be sure to include a CTA. This CTA can be as simple as including your website or social media handle or encouraging viewers to book a table at your restaurant.
CTA prompts let potential customers know the next step if they are interested in trying your food or visiting your spot. They are the payoff for quality content that, if done correctly, will encourage people to come in the door!
Tip #6: Focus on the story, not the sale
When creating video content for any business, it's essential to focus on storytelling rather than sales. Instead of using video content to directly promote your business or push a specific menu item, use it to tell a story. This story could be the history of your restaurant, team, or signature dishes.
Doing this will help to create a deeper emotional connection with your audience while making your restaurant more relatable. Customers are more likely to remember and share stories over sales pitches. Aim to create interesting, engaging videos to help build a relationship with your audience.
Bonus tip ideas
Here are a few additional ways you can use video to promote your restaurant:
- Create a virtual tour of your restaurant: Show potential customers what your restaurant looks like and give them a sense of the atmosphere.
- Highlight your menu: Create a video that showcases your menu items and the ingredients you use. This video will give potential customers a taste of what they can expect.
- Share customer testimonials: Video testimonials from satisfied customers can build trust and credibility with potential visitors.
- Create a cooking or recipe video: Share your restaurant's recipes and the behind-the-scenes of your kitchen, and show how your dishes are prepared and cooked.
- Share behind-the-scenes footage: Give customers a glimpse of what goes on in your restaurant, such as food prep, customer interactions, cultural events with your team, and staff training.
- Promote events and specials: Use video to promote upcoming events or specials at your restaurant, such as a happy hour or live music.
- Collaborate with influencers: Partner with food bloggers or social media influencers to create content highlighting your restaurant.
- Use video in email marketing: Include videos in your email marketing campaigns to grab the attention of potential customers and entice them to visit your restaurant.
Remember: When creating your videos, ensure everything is well-scripted, and the message you want to convey is clear and compelling.
Video marketing is a powerful tool
There are plenty of strategies to promote your restaurant, but creating engaging and informative videos is the easiest way to showcase your establishment and drive more business effectively.
It is also important to ensure your restaurant is protected with commercial insurance. Accidents happen, but with the right coverage for your restaurant, you can have peace of mind knowing you’re protected.