Online marketing is the way to go if you are looking to grow your plumbing business and build your network. Even if your business is relatively new, you can expand your customer base with the right marketing strategy. Unlike traditional marketing which may require that you place ads, door-to-door advertising, and distribute flyers, digital marketing is less expensive. And you can get started without hiring an expensive agency.
Here are plumbing marketing strategies you can utilize to grow your network:
1. Create a Website for your Plumbing Business
Just like every other business, plumbing businesses need a functional website to attract online customers. Having a plumbing website will help you build online visibility, increase brand trust and generate leads.
Even if you don’t have enough knowledge to design your website yourself, there are many free tools like WordPress with templates for website creation. If you prefer not to design the website yourself, hire a professional web designer to do the job.
Here are some of the essential elements to incorporate into your plumbing website:
- Use a professional name that can resonate with customers.
- Include a logo. You can design a simple and professional logo with tools like Canva and Looka without prior knowledge of graphic design.
- Include your correct business contact details: phone number, address, and email.
- List the services you provide.
- List the locations you serve.
- Include your unique selling point.
- Include your awards and or accreditations, if any.
- Include pictures and/or testimonials from previous clients.
- Include a call to action like ‘Request a Quote’, ‘Schedule an Appointment’, etc.
Make sure your website is simple and that essential information for your potential customers is easy to find. Your website should also be responsive, meaning that the layout of the web page should be designed to fit all devices, be it a smartphone, tablet, laptop or PC.
4. Get Online Reviews
If are looking to grow your business quickly, gather good reviews can be the best way to market your services. It’s a no-cost plumbing marketing tool that you can use to generate leads. Positive online reviews help potential customers trust you and make their buying decision faster. Here are some tips to help you generate high quality reviews:
- Send follow-up emails to your customers after completing a service. Let them know the job is done, that it was nice working with them and ask them for feedback.
- If you receive positive feedback, send a polite request for a review. Include a link to your website or local business listing so they can leave their reviews there. Most people will be willing to leave a review if you ask nicely!
- Encourage your customers to give specific details rather than just leaving a 5-star rating.
- If you receive a negative review, don’t hide or ignore it. Give a sympathetic response recognizing the customer’s feelings, and always remain professional.
3. Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is very important in digital marketing. For your business to come up in search results, relevant keywords should be added to your web content. Here are the basics:
- Find out the right keywords that your target audience is looking for online to reach plumbing companies like yours. There are some free keyword research tools that can help you find the right keywords for your business like Google Keywords Planner, SEMRush, etc.
- Don’t forget to use geographic keywords as well so that potential customers within your region can find you.
- Optimize the relevant keywords on your page titles, meta descriptions, image alt tags and create valuable and engaging content, like blog posts, around them.
- Use keywords with lower competition and higher monthly search volume so your website can get higher rankings on search engines.
5. Paid Advertising
This online marketing strategy can go a long way in promoting your plumbing business online. This could either be in the form of display advertising or search engine marketing. Plumbing businesses can employ this strategy for lead generation by running paid ads on search engines. The best part is that you will be charged only when a potential customer clicks on the ads. Most plumbers have two types of customers:
- Emergency Customers in need of a nearby plumber to fix a leaking faucet, a burst pipe or some other plumbing emergency ASAP
- Non-emergency Customers taking out time to research the best plumbing companies for their project – which could be for routine checks, fixture upgrades or installation.
Once you know your target audience, make sure you create ads that appeal to your customers.
Running paid ads is useful to your business in the following ways:
- It drives traffic to your site faster and gives your business exposure to a wide audience.
- You are able to reach your target audience by selecting specific factors like age group, gender, keywords, location, occupation, website, device preference, etc.
- Your results are measurable so you can know which ads are performing well, what time of the day you get better results and can make necessary adjustments.
6. Create expert content
Write content that will educate people about your plumbing business. This marketing strategy is also known as content marketing and requires long-term effort for you to get the desired result. Create and share valuable content on your website and social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. If content writing isn’t your forte, create video content that will appeal to your audience. Videos are a great way to engage your audience, and you can use them across your website, social media, and even in paid ads.
When you create useful content for your target audience and customers, you will gradually position yourself as an expert and you will easily be remembered when potential customers require a plumbing service.
7. Stellar customer service
Excellent customer service is a powerful plumbing marketing tool. It is one of the most effective and cost-efficient ways to retain customers for your plumbing business. When your customers are happy with your service they can help you get referrals through word of mouth and positive online reviews. Whether your plumbing business is new or not, these plumber marketing ideas can help you increase your customer base. Figure out the unique selling point of your business and tailor your digital marketing strategy to suit your target market.